Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm painting a Bird feeder for my grandparents as a gift?

I was thinking of a flower and vine design on it. does anyone know of a site that has a guide of how to do this properly? Also is there something I can put on after I'm done to weather seal it?I'm painting a Bird feeder for my grandparents as a gift?
I don't know about where to find a design but try to use outdoor paints (last better, house ones bleach easier) you can buy samples in different colours and you should have enough in those. Use a primer(ask in hardware shop) on the wood before you paint anything. Ask they people in the hardware shop if your insure of anything and read the instructions on the primer.





Here's a site telling you lots and how to use the primer properly.


http://www.askthebuilder.com/706_Paint_P鈥?/a>


Just to warn you there's an annoying pop up on thisI'm painting a Bird feeder for my grandparents as a gift?
www.pdclipart.org is a public domain clip art site with a lot of what you want.


You can copy or print out your design. Size it on a copy machine or printer. scribble on the back for carbon then lay it on your birdhouse and redraw it (push hard it should copy). Paint it with acrylic paints then seal it with varathane spray varnish. It should work fine.
  • Fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment