Friday, February 12, 2010

Can I hang a bird feeder on a shed?

There are no tree in the backyard, but there is a shed away from the house. Can I hang it there?


It is for finches I guess. I live in Michigan...


ThanksCan I hang a bird feeder on a shed?
Hang it on a shepherd's hook, available at your home and garden shop. That way you can watch them feed. I have a couple right outside my window, together with a bird bath, and spend hours watching them. If you want to attract finches, plant you a couple of fir trees, they love them.Can I hang a bird feeder on a shed?
Certainly you can. I will say though, without trees you may not get many birds. If you are wanting American Goldfinches attach a yellow ribbon to the feeder. That will draw them in. I would recommend a thistle feeder for finches.
sure. as long its about 6 feet off the ground to keep cats at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment