Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do i keep bees and wasps away from my moms humming bird feeder?

my mom is really sad and i want to helpHow do i keep bees and wasps away from my moms humming bird feeder?
Spray the feeder lightly with a cooking oil like Pam. I The feeder holes may be too big, allowing the wasps access to the sugar water, (I've found dead yellow jackets stuck firmly in the holes of older feeders or inside) or the sugar water may be dripping out where the insects can get some. They wouldn't be on feeder if they were unable to drink the nectar.How do i keep bees and wasps away from my moms humming bird feeder?
Place a large plastic pop bottle with about 1/2 inch of pop in the bottom away from the humming bird feeder. The wasps will go after the pop and not be able to get out.
I bought a wasp trap at Lowe's for around about $3.50. It's only been up a week and it's trapped alot of bugs including wasps.
I have heard that bounce dryer sheets keep bees away from everything, even people. Good Luck
Buy a wasp trap from your local home/garden store (here in CA, that's OSH). They're yellow translucent plastic things. You put bait in. The wasps crawl in looking for the bait. They get confused and can't figure out how to crawl back out.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment