Friday, February 12, 2010

I live in Missouri and have a humming bird feeder that I had goten a few to come early in spring.?

I have not seen them lately but my humming bird food is all gone. Have I not noticed them or is it something else? There's no way the bugs are eating all that sugar water are they? I have it hanging with a flowering plant. Is there a better way to bring them in?I live in Missouri and have a humming bird feeder that I had goten a few to come early in spring.?
Many birds and animals will drink from a hummingbird nectar feeder. I have seen orioles, woodpeckers and finches at the one in my yard, as well as squirrels and raccoons.





Best way to attract hummingbirds is to have plants that attract them. Here is an excellent site that lists many plants that attract hummers: http://www.hummingbirds.net/attract.htmlI live in Missouri and have a humming bird feeder that I had goten a few to come early in spring.?
Hi,





I don't think that bugs could eat the hummingbird food so fast that you did not see them. Is is a plastic feeder? Could it be leaking?





If you are having trouble attracting hummers to your feeders, consider creating a natural hummingbird habitat using the flowers, trees and shrubs that hummers love. By learning how to attract hummingbirds you can increase your chances of seeing these wonderful creatures.





Check the link below for more ideas.





Happy Birding,


John

No comments:

Post a Comment