Friday, February 12, 2010

If I get a bird feeder, will it lure the birds to eat the loud crickets around my house?

or will they be too busy eating the bird seed to care?If I get a bird feeder, will it lure the birds to eat the loud crickets around my house?
No! I don't know where these other people got their education but they don't know much about animals!! Birds that eat seed are different from the bug eaters,,just look at how their beaks are shaped!! If you hang seed feeders you will get seed eaters,,, you need to entice bug eaters in a different way. The best way is to put up proper housing for them,,, purple martins are big bug eaters,, so are barn swallows,,, google these and build them some appropriate housing!!!!If I get a bird feeder, will it lure the birds to eat the loud crickets around my house?
They will indeed eat the crickets..IF SEEN..the problem is crickets generally stay out of the heat of the day and come out at night..most stay under debris/boards/rocks/or under the house in the day time...So you will not notice that much of a decline...cats will eat more of the crickets than birds(yes cats love bugs) for cats are night loving animals..
it depends. sometimes the birds will go for the crickets but usually they just eat the seed. i cant remember what likes eating crickets. i think frogs. but if you get alot of birds im pretty sure the neighbourhood cats will hang around your place alot
Probably not. I have 3 bird feeders, all with different seed to attract different birds and they seem to care a whole lot more about the seed. I hear crickets all the time too.
I used to feed the native parrots - until the cockatoos started eating the brand new cedar windows we had just put in. Now some one else can feed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment